[Zope-dev] I agree that ZClasses should stay. I will volunteer

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Mar 25 15:15:09 EST 2006

Andreas Jung wrote at 2006-3-24 19:32 +0100:
>> I am also very interested in versions, and maintaining versions.
>
>I think versions are history and have gone in Zope 2.8 or even Zope 2.7.

"FileStorage" still supports them -- thus it is still easy to
use them in a separate product.

I am not sure, whether the "Version" hook in "ZPublisher"
has been removed. If it happened, it would not be difficult
to get it back...

>Fast is only one point of successful software development. How to you meet
>the goals extensibility &  maintenance with ZClasses or do you write only
>write-once-throw-away apps?

You can easily extend ZClasses (in the same way you created them).
You can also maintain them -- what you loose it the version
history a revision control system would provide.
For many situations, this is not necessary...

--
Dieter