[Zope-dev] Re: Twisted in Zope 2.10 ..some issues

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu May 4 06:27:46 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> I tried to get Zope 2.10 working with Twisted however I ran into some
> issues:
>
> After installing Twisted 2.1.0, Zope fails to start (also with Twisted
> 2.2.0)...anything I am misssing?

Yes, but what? Hmmm.
(Oh, btw, 2.2 seems much slower that 2.1 and trunk...)

>     raise ComponentLookupError(interface, name)
> zope.component.interfaces.ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> zope.app.twisted.interfaces.IServerType>, 'Zope2-HTTP')

OK, that one gets registered in Zope2/Startup/handlers.py, and it only gets
registered if it can import twisted, in the beginning of the file.
Could you see what doesn't get imported?

> I also wonder why 'type' is set to 'Zope2-HTTP' (something like
> Twisted-Zope would perhaps be a better name?!). 'Zope2-HTTP' reminds me of
> ZServer..it there a special reasons for choosing this name?

Because you are telling Twisted what to do, and not the other way around. ;)
We could rename the <server> block <twisted-server>. That might be clearer.