[Zope-dev] Thread Initialization Hook

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed May 24 12:38:42 EDT 2006

We are having issues with code for initializing COM for threading
leaking into several different projects.

The issue is that if you want to use COM inside Zope you have to call
pythoncom.CoInitializeEx, hopefully as the very first thing after a
thread gets created.

Mark Hammond suggested that we add the call to this at the point
threads get created in Zope. I thought that the non-intrusive way of
doing this would be to have some sort of 'thread initialization hook'
that gets called as soon as a thread gets created to service a request.

Anyone have a better suggestion?

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214