[Zope-dev] Cache code in Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri Nov 17 05:46:07 EST 2006

Chris Withers schrieb:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>> I have a replacement started, which uses Cacheable mixin instead.
>> Advantage is, with RAM Cache Manager you can see the hits your method
>> cause and invalide the cache per object. I also introduced a execution
>> time treshold, so you can configure to only cache runtimes say above
>> 1 sec, leaving more room for long running queries.
>>
>> I think I should packe up what I have now (rough edges) so you
>> can have a look at it.
>
> I have to be honest, I'm looking to simplify, and this sounds a LOT more
> complicated...

No actually it isnt. I ripped out a lot of the old code. All other stuff
is easily handled by the cache code anyway.

ZSQL Methods and all that stuff is horribly old and full of calamities.
Apart from the cache management nightmare, there is also a lot of
ZMI stuff really wrong. You dont see the right encoding because
the test pages ignore it, you have a "pretty formatter" for
column names - hiding their real name and you always have to wonder
the name of the variable you get in the result set.

("fOO_bar" becomes "FOO bar" for example)

and so on :-)

I think I just upload what I have so you can have
a look at it :-)