[Zope-dev] I Like ZClasses as a separate product, I like Democracy Better

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Mon Oct 2 13:24:33 EDT 2006

I do like the idea of ZClasses as a separate product.

Actually I think all of Zope should be an assembly of separate products.

I would love to see multiple flavors of Zope each as an assembly of
separate products.

If we make ZClasses a separate product,  does that mean we can get our
own mailing list for ZClasses.  Maybe a separate web site,  wiki, etc?

Maybe the 4 or 5 companies who care about ZClasses can get together and
fund the upgrade.

I am still not sure if the next version of my application will be in
Zope 3 or not, but if it is,
I see it as a completely separate code base.

Accordingly, this rapid evolution of Zope, to make it compatible with
Zope 3 drives a lot of us
nuts.  We would prefer to just see a stable Zope 2, and an incompatible
Zope 3.

But I get no say in the matter.  Open source is good, democratic source
would be better.

I am not trying to upset people with this email message.  I just want to
present a different point of view.

Chris