[Zope-dev] Installing zope.interface from svn

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Wed Oct 4 18:39:58 EDT 2006

--- Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 09:45:34AM -0700, Grig Gheorghiu wrote:
> | Could somebody please tell me how to install zope.interface from
> the
> | latest svn? I'm running the Twisted unit tests against the latest
> | Python binaries from the Python trunk (2.6) and they fail because
> of a
> | variable named 'with' which generates a syntax error. I understand
> that
> | this issue has long been fixed in zope.interface in svn, so I'd
> like to
> | get past it by using the latest svn code.
> |
> | I tried doing a svn co like this:
> |
> | [ggheo at concord proj]$ svn co
> | http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/interface zope.interface
> | svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/interface'
> | svn: PROPFIND of '/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/interface': 301 Moved
> | (http://svn.zope.org)
>
> You got pretty close, but not enough.
>
> Should be:
>
>   svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.interface/trunk
>
> Looks like it does work as an egg too, judging from the latest
> checkins.

OK, next question :-)

How do I run the unit tests for zope.interface? I tried cd-ing into
src/zope/interface/tests and running 'nosetests' (which understands
tests derived from unitest or using doctest). I got tons of
errors/failures though....Do I need to actually install zope.interface
before running its unit tests?

Grig