[Zope-dev] Re: Zope Tests: 8 OK, 1 Failed

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Oct 28 17:50:36 EDT 2006

yuppie wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> Test failures
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> Subject: FAILED (errors=1) : Zope-trunk Python-2.4.3 : Linux
>>> From: Zope Unit Tests
>>> Date: Mon Oct 23 21:35:18 EDT 2006
>> First, thanks for resuming this collected report.  I would much rather
>> have links directly to the broken test run than to the buildbot page.
>>
>> Second, I can reproduce the failure on my machine, at least after an
>> 'svn up' this morning, but have no obvious clue why it would be broken:
>>  the code for local site stuff in Five hasn't changed since May.
>
> The failure showed up after this checkin:
> http://svn.zope.org/?rev=70383&view=rev
>
> But I didn't have time to track it down, so I opened this collector
> issue: http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2198

OMG, why are we using the 3.3 branch HEAD on the 2.10 branch??? This is
how Stephan's fix got pulled into Zope 2 automatically and
*automatically broke* Zope 2. It also broke Five trunk for some reason
(the formlib stuff). Obviously, this is bad.

We should stick to specific revisions or tags when pointing to
externals. Pointing to HEAD of a branch or trunk is insane as it's an
uncontrollable risk.

Philipp