[Zope-dev] Re: Zope Tests: 8 OK, 1 Failed

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Oct 29 09:04:58 EST 2006

--On 29. Oktober 2006 10:06:42 +0100 yuppie <y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de>
wrote:

> Oops! Sorry! I did not mean to cause any confusion:
>
> - AFAICT the 2.10 branch points already to the 3.3.0 tag.

Right.

However Philipp pointed out that the Zope 2 trunk uses the Zope 3 trunk
right now. I pointed the reasons for using the Zope 3 trunk in a former
posting. My argument for using the trunk instead of a fixed revision/tag is:
when we develop against the trunk or implement something on the trunk then
we want to be sure that the code also works with the latest Zope 3 changes.
Otherwise something might break when we update the svn:exernals to latest
Zope 3 changes at some time before an upcoming major release. So I would
prefer that things break early than late. However as seen this approach has
other side-effects..but I am open to let  the svn:externals point to tags
if you want that...

Andreas