[Zope-dev] Re: RFC: The future of Products.Five

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Oct 30 21:06:12 EST 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> I don't mind making Products.Five smaller. And I don't mind making
> loads of small packages called five.something either.
>
> That said, I think it's important to make as much of zope3 work under
> zope2, so any zope3 package included in the zope2 distribution should
> also have it's corresponding five package included, if it exists.

... or if it's even necessary. I think we should also still pursue the
effort of making Zope 3 integration into Zope 2 more seamless, making
five.something hopefully unnecessary most of the time.

> That means, that unless you are planning to not include most of Zope3
> in Zope2.12, most five packages should be included as well.

Yes, probably.

> And if you don't include most of Zope3, then I think most people
> using Five will be very confused. So I suspect that the hope of not
> having to maintain stuff is somewhat overly hopeful. ;)

Well, I won't have to maintain their code at least. If Whit creates
five.intid, he's the maintainer of that package. I might still decide to
make it part of Zope 2 at some point, but I won't have to maintain it.