[Zope-dev] Re: In Defense of ZClasses

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Thu Sep 28 08:54:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-28-09 at 14:13 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> The problem is the lack of an exit strategy. If you only need a simpel
> web app, fine. If you're creating a prototype, ZClasses are hard to get
> out of without rewriting a whole lot of code.

In the words of "The Pragmatic Programmer" ... ZClasses can be used to
build fine prototypes but cannot be used to create `tracer bullets`_.
Python developers by nature tend to be pragmatic programmers, so of
course we would rather use a tracer bullet over a prototype.

_`tracer bullets`: http://www.artima.com/intv/tracerP.html

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt