[Zope-dev] Re: compiling intSet.c on Zope 2.8.8

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 02:38:51 EDT 2007

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> The reason that Jim dropped support for the old "BTree" was
> to save time by not converting them to the new "type = new style class"
> paradigme which is now used by "Persistent".
>
> It is likely that "BTree" will not work in a new (post Zope 2.7) environment
> even if build anew.

Yeah, that much I feared :-(

Hmmm... how would I go about writing a python class that could be used
in unpickle the persistent data for the intSet objects that are there?

I'm thinking something along the lines of create intSet.py something
like as follows and putting it somewhere on the PYTHONPATH:

class intSet(Persistent):

   def __setstate__(self,...):

Would that work?

cheers,