[Zope-dev] Re: getting RestrictedPython working on Python 2.5

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 09:46:04 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> ($z refers to svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main on my system)
>>
>> Where does this put the code that I'd be changing?
>
> Uh, you checked it out (first line: svn co).

Sorry, I'm used to things like "python setup.py install" putting all
manner of things in all manner of weird places ;-)

> Dependencies will be downloaded from PyPI (or any other index you
> specify) as eggs.

Cool.

> There's python setup.py develop, which will also install the checked out
> thing as a development egg,

What does that mean? Which python files would I edit to make changes in
this case?

> Also, you don't get a test runner this easily (though we should probably
> make python setup.py test work at some point, it currently doesn't work).

I might be interested in making that happen ;-)

What still needs to be done? I'm imagining just plumbing the 'test'
action through to running the zope.testing testrunner, or is there more
to it than that?

> The neat thign about the buildout way is that
>
> - it's an absolute no-brainer

If you know what magic to incant ;-)

> - it's completely self-contained (nothing is installed outside that one
> directory, unless you explicitly allow that).

This *is* a good thing :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk