[Zope-dev] Re: Interest in "AdvancedQuery" and/or "ManagableIndex"?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Feb 4 12:25:24 EST 2007

yuppie wrote at 2007-2-3 11:44 +0100:
>Unfortunately integrating a product into the Zope core means more than
>just adjusting the coding style:
>
>- As already mentioned in this thread, monkey patches and code like
>fixPluginIndexes.py have to be resolved. AdvancedQuery contains a monkey
>patch for CMF - that should not be shipped with Zope core.

"fixPluginIndexes" fixed (maybe meanwhile resolved) bugs in
"Products.PluginIndexes.common.util.parseIndexRequest".

The mentioned CMF monkey patch gives the "CatalogTool" the new method
"evalAdvancedQuery", provided CMFCore is installed.
I do not see why this monkey patch should not be applied.

I am sure that I want to be able to use "AdvancedQuery" even
with a "CatalogTool", if both are installed.

--
Dieter