[Zope-dev] SOAP support?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Jan 7 06:07:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I think it would be time to support SOAP out-of-the-box in some way in Zope
2. XMLRPC is still a useful functionality but the whole world speak of
web-services and Zope should support building web-services at least on the
SOAP level. I am sure that would bring back some more attention to Zope as
application-server.

There are several SOAP related products available on zope.org. Does anyone
know about their functionality, pros & cons? I know that there is also some
SOAP support available for Plone/Archetypes (I think written by Benjamin
Saller).

Thoughts?

Andreas