[Zope-dev] Re: [Plone-developers] ploneout - Or how using zc.buildout for a common Zope2 project might look like

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Jan 18 07:49:45 EST 2007

On 1/18/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Considering installation of Products we're in new territory anyway -
> they're not eggs, after all. I see in the result of ploneout that they
> get symlinked into the Products directory - will that work on Windows?
<snip>
> * we can say something is a develop-Product. This means that you need a
> Product checkout that you refer to. This checkout is somehow linked so
> that Zope picks it up. (similar to the way develop-eggs has links to
> development packages). All entries in your bundle would be such a
> develop product.

'zope.conf' has a 'products' directive that you can use to point to
other 'Products' directories other than the default in the
INSTANCE_HOME. I believe you can add multiple 'products' directives to
list multiple directories. Then you don't need to do any symlink or
copying around.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214