[Zope-dev] Re: State of the philikon-aq-and-__parent__ branch

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Mon Jun 18 20:27:11 EDT 2007

Hi.

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> as some of you may have noticed I worked a bit more on philikon's branch
>> which makes Acquisition and in return the Zope2 security machinery aware
>> of __parent__ pointers.
>>
>> The current state is that there's only one test failure left in Five
>> which concerns the Zope2 version of the TAL provider expression and the
>> viewlet machinery. It is a bad combination of lots of manual AQ-wrapping
>> and irritating __parent__ pointers and can probably be fixed by removing
>> most of the manual wrapping.
>
> Do the Plone tests all run with this branch? There's a fair amount of
> silly wrapping and acrobatics there too, so it's probably a good test case.

The branch exist for quite a long time and hasn't been updated with any
changes from Zope trunk. This causes Plone tests to produce lots of
ImportErrors (for example the requestmethod decorator, pt unicode
conflict resolver) so I cannot run the tests easily.

> Maybe we should've just made this your SoC project. Too late now! :)

My real SoC project is the reason why I cannot spent more time on this
AQ topic ;)

Hanno