[Zope-dev] Serious zope 2.x DST issue

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Wed Mar 14 17:16:05 EDT 2007

I recently file this bug http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2290 however an
error seems to have kept email notifications from being sent out. The issue
is that DateTimeZone.py has the wrong changeover points for DST for the USA
in it. This is used for all the DateTime zone conversions in DateTime so this
is a fairly critical issue. A new version of this file though can probably be
used by nearly all the zope 2.x versions out there so once fixed it should be
an easy patch. I just didn't want to change the numbers directly since I had
hoped there was some automated tool that generated that file so I did not
screw things up trying to modify it directly.

Thanks