[Zope-dev] Retracting Zope 2.9.7, Zope 2.10.3 releases because of a "zopectl start" problem

Willi Langenberger wlang at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Mar 26 12:38:37 EDT 2007

According to Andreas Jung:
> I decided to retractthe latest 2.9.7 and Zope 2.10.3 releases
> for now because of this problem:
>
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2007-March/171086.html>
>
> I could confirm that "zopectl start" does not work properly.
> zdaemon spawns the second process however this one seems to go
> own immediately. Unfortunately I could not find the reason so far.
> Any help will be appreciated.

At the risk of saying something obvious...

"strace" showed, that the spawned process exits with

  raise ValueError('No REQUEST parameter in callable signature')

which is part of the "postonly(callable)" function in
lib/python/AccessControl/requestmethod.py.

Wasnt this part of the hotfix?

\wlang{}

--
Willi.Langenberger at wu-wien.ac.at                Fax: +43/1/31336/9207
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria