[Zope-dev] Retracting Zope 2.9.7, Zope 2.10.3 releases because of a "zopectl start" problem

Damien Baty damien at pilotsystems.net
Mon Mar 26 13:16:07 EDT 2007

	Hello,

Le 26/03/07 18:38, Willi Langenberger a écrit :
> According to Andreas Jung:
>> I decided to retract the latest 2.9.7 and Zope 2.10.3 releases
>> for now because of this problem:
>>
>> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2007-March/171086.html>
>>
>> I could confirm that "zopectl start" does not work properly.
>> [...]
>
> At the risk of saying something obvious...
>
> "strace" showed, that the spawned process exits with
>
>   raise ValueError('No REQUEST parameter in callable signature')
> [...]

   I guess that someone has already found this too, but I share it
nonetheless: 'ApplicationManager.manage_restart()' in
'lib/python/App/ApplicationManager.py' does not have any 'REQUEST'
parameter. The new 'postonly()' function therefore raise the above
mentionned error. Changing the method signature to:

     manage_restart(self, URL1, REQUEST=None):

   makes Zope start. 'REQUEST' is not used in this method, though.
However, it is also not used in 'manage_shutdown()' but appears in its
signature. I guess that adding it to 'manager_restart()' should not have
any side-effect.

	Regards,

--
Damien Baty
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris