[Zope-dev] Re: Zope on Python 2.5?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Nov 1 09:55:03 EDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

> I would like to point out that on this thread people are getting too
> tied up with restrictions about *installing* stuff on the system
> Python and forgetting that for example, buildout will not install
> stuff on the system Python, but people might want to run a Zope (2)
> buildout on Python 2.5 just because it's the Python they have
> installed.

Agreed. I almost mentioned this as an "otoh" in one of my previous
posts.

I think buildout should work harder to get along with system Python.
I intent to spend some effort on this.  Martijn has suggested an
option to ignore site-packages which may go a long way.

Of course, this has nothing to do with 2.5. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation