[Zope-dev] Re: Zope on Python 2.5?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:03:55 EDT 2007

On 11/1/07, Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:
> I think we are closely approaching the
> EOL for Python 2.4. Supposedly when Python 2.6 comes out next year
> Python 2.4 will be officially discouraged and will not receive any
> more fixes other than security fixes.

This seems to be a common misconception; I'm not sure why.

Python 2.4 has *already* hit EOL.  There will only be security fixes
released in source form.

When a new Python 2.X is released, a final 2.X-1 bugfix release is
made and 2.X becomes the maintenance release.  2.X-1 gets critical
security fixes only.  The unreleased trunk becomes the development
version.

  -Fred