[Zope-dev] AW: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Nov 9 10:32:37 EST 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 4:06 PM, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> > > Create our own locked down index?
> >
> > I think so because,
>
> Surely there must be a way to say "I want to use THAT KGS over there.
> Except for this module, that should hav this version. And of course,
> all these bunch of eggs which isn't dfined in that KGS at all".

Unfortunately, this is not how the index works in setuptools.

> Because that's what we all need. So it must be possible, right? The
> KGS is just that, a Known Good Set. It must be possible to in your
> build out override a version here and add packages there?

So the way to do this is to use versions.cfg from the KGS, which locks to the
latest version of all packages in the KGS; since the URL can be pointed
directly to the KGS server, you will get all the updates too.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter