[Zope-dev] Re: AW: Re: Grok 0.11 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Nov 9 22:36:04 EST 2007

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi Tres
>
>> Whoever released those two eggs (the '.dev-r#####' ones) need
>> to release "real" updated packages, and then grok 0.11.1
>> should be released using them.
>>
>> DEATH TO FAUX PACKAGES!
>
> As far as I understand, this does not happen if you
> depend on a KGS, right?
>
> Does the grok release not use the KGS from Stephan?

Not yet. We intend to look at that list at some point. Of course the KGS
probably doesn't contain recent enough packages to support the REST
changes.

The other problem with KGS is that I absolutely want to fix lists of
packages into Grok itself and never rely on any system that can cause
the list of packages that could be updated. KGS will get bugfix
releases. These will inevitably break something on occassion. I have no
idea what will happen once 3.5 packages will start to appear, either.

Regarsd,

Martijn