[Zope-dev] Re: bug in ZopePageTemplate.py?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 06:02:27 EST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:
>> MailTemplates subclass ZopePageTemplate and expect to be text/plain by
>> default...
>
> That code is there only when reading from the default content, right?

Yep.

> And that file is *definitely* 'text/html'.

Well, not in the subclass no...

> Why don't you just override it at class level in the subclass?

Yeah, that's what I've done, but it seems a shame to have to replace the
whole __init__ method just for this one line...

> For
> instance, override '__init__' to read your file before calling the
> 'super' version, and pass its contents through as 'text', along with
> your desired 'content_type'.

Fair enough.

That said, since then, I've been trying to fix other test failures and
have been pretty disappointed with the way it's been done. A lot of
assumption has been made that text/html and text/xml are the only
content types that will ever be used and there are several edge cases
where things break when the content type is not one of these two :-(

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk