[Zope-dev] Re: Hivurt code hosting

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Nov 12 14:00:01 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 12:19:20PM -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Paul Winkler wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 06:37:22PM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> >> Yes, everyone has to sign a contributor agreement, but you do not have to
> >> become a Zope Foundation member.
> >
> > I had the impression, from the recent ZF IRC chat, that the process of
> > adding new contributors is currently blocked - but perhaps I
> > misunderstood?
>
> We can't move the code ownership yet (from ZC to ZF) because once we
> *do*, becoming a contributor will be governed by ZF rules, which are
> currently self-contradictory:  at that point, we would be unable to add
> new committers at all.

I see, thanks.

What I just can't figure out is: what is the current process of
becoming a comitter.  http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/FrontPage
still links to http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/Contributor.pdf
which is very old.  Is it still used?

I probably still have commit access from the pre-ZF days, but the
employer information I submitted has changed several times since then.
Now that I've started working for a more enlightened employer, I would
like to start checking in bugfixes again but I don't know whether I
should just use my old keys, or submit a new form, or what.

- PW