[Zope-dev] Re: Egg install bot results

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Nov 14 11:06:03 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Chris McDonough wrote:
> In the meantime, whose feet would I be shooting if I changed setup.py
> dependency info so that, e.g. zope.tales (and the like) didn't pull in
> as many dependencies?  Installing zope.tales (as an example, I'm sure
> its as a result of a transitive dependency lower in the dep chain)
> right now gets us ~ 75 other distribution, including very unrelated
> ones:

I would welcomes this very much, because I use several packages outside of
Zope as well. Now that we have the KGS, I feel much more comfortable with
playing with the packages and their dependencies.

Note that Marius worked on a nifty little gtk-based tool during the Foilage
Sprint that shows you the full dependency tree.

http://mg.pov.lt/gtkeggdeps/

Regards,
Stephan
--