[Zope-dev] release checker bot results.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Nov 16 09:25:09 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Attempting to easy_install all 'zope'-related releases using the
> script at http://svn.repoze.org/playground/trunk/chris/
> zopesvnchecker/releasechecker.py , the results were:
>
> 122 failures, 67 successes.

I guess most of these can be fixed by unscrewing the zope.traversing
problem. Has anyone done that? Is anyone going to? :) If not, I will
just cause I'm tired of reading about it. :(

Some of these errors are spurious.  For example, ZODB4 shows up as a
failure even though there are no distributions.  I think the test
script needs to check for this case.

I also think you should not list as failures anything that failes due
to a gcc error. Often this will be due to the absense of libraries
(e.g. spread).

> See http://www.plope.com/static/misc/rcresults-2007-11-14.txt for
> details.

I'd really like to see the broken packages get fixed or removed from
the cheesehop. Until we can get this cleaned up, as an interim
measure, I suggest we hide the broken packages.  They'll still be
available as download.  It will be interesting to see where we stand
after the above problems are fixed.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton