[Zope-dev] Re: PILwoTk egg to PyPI?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 17:35:54 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Binaries, except for Windows, should never never be uploaded to PyPI (or
> download.zope.org).  There are just too many variables to building
> binaries.

Yes, that's what I meant to ask for, PILwoTk-1.1.6.3 to PyPI as a source
release. I'm currently using
http://download.zope.org/distribution/PILwoTk-1.1.6.3.tar.gz

> A more interesting questions is whether the source release should be
> uploaded.  I wish someone could convince Fredrik Lundh to make a saner
> release of PIL. Maybe someone could pursue this on the image- sig
> mailing list (http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/).

Yes, that's what I was hoping to avoid asking ;) since I don't know the
PIL packaging rationale. The effbot.org release pages are so thorough, I
presumed that PIL was going to continue to be packaged as-is.

Thanks.