[Zope-dev] How to publish Zope2 products on PyPI

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Sep 23 02:39:19 EDT 2007

--On 23. September 2007 08:24:56 +0200 Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
wrote:

> In my view, something like "zope2.product" would be more explicit,
> but "Products.", too, may do -- users of "PyPI" can see
> that these things work only for Zope2 from the "Framework::Zope2"
> classifier.

Adding an additional classifier is perhaps the best solution. Prefixes are
already used for indicating the ownership of a package. However I see a
minor discrepancy between the naming of products - at least on svn.zope.org
where all Zope 2 products have a top-level name "Product."<product name>.
My SQLAlchemyDA product lives on svn.zope.org under Product.SQLAlchemyDA.
If I should release it on PyPI I might use a name like zopyx.SQLAlchemyDA.
The uppercase notation is usually used for Zope products, lowercase
notation usually indicates a Python package.

-aj