[Zope-dev] Re: Let's fix the damned website

Paul Carduner paulcarduner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:10:51 EDT 2008

On Apr 5, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
> There's no content that isn't visible to anonymous on the site.
>
> Basically, we originally thought we would have one
> documentation/"learn" section for all Zope technologies. However, it
> seemed to make more sense to have a folder for each sub-project
> (zope 2, zope 3, cmf, zodb) and keep documentation there.
>
> What questions do you have?

Ah now I understand and found the Zope 3 section. One question I have
is how the site might integrate with the apidoc tool. At least with
Zope 3, a lot of good updated documentation lives in the svn
repository in the form of Restructured .txt files. All it would take
to make these documents easier to find and read is to hook them into
apidoc and make a nicer skin for the apidoc book section with the look
and feel of the new site. Basically, I want to write documentation
once (in svn) and have it appear nicely formatted in multiple places:
pypi, apidoc, zope.org, and wherever else. Will this be possible/is it
part of the plan?

--
Paul Carduner
http://www.carduner.net