[Zope-dev] Re: GSoC proposal

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 06:21:14 EDT 2008

Malthe Borch wrote:
> On 07/04/2008, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>>  I'd certainly be up for championing making RestrictedPython available as a
>> seperate project. Has anyone done any work towards this or should I go ahead
>> and get a project / bug tracker / etc set up at Launchpad?
>
> RestrictedPython depends only on zope.testing.

...and I'll bet that's only to run the tests, so should be removed as a
"hard" dependency

>>  Also, do we have any clarity on whether or not RestrictedPython works in
>> Python 2.5? I thought that was the one big nasty that didn't get done in
>> last years GSoC project...
>
> valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ python2.5 bootstrap.py
> Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg
> Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin'.
> Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/parts'.
> Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/develop-eggs'.
> Generated script '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/buildout'.
> valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ bin/buildout
> Develop: '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/.'
> Unused options for buildout: 'download-directory'.
> Installing interpreter.
> Generated interpreter '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/python'.
> Installing test.
> Generated script '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/test'.
> valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ bin/test
> Running unit tests:
>   Ran 42 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.412 seconds.
> valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$

Really? Cool, I could have sworn that never got done. Thanks, you just
made my day :-)

Now, does anyone want me to set up a Launchpad project for this?
How do I go about building a Python 2.5 egg and/or a Python 2.5 windows
binary installer?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk