[Zope-dev] Re: Let's fix the damned website

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 7 17:12:55 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Alexander Limi wrote:
[snip]
> - Try not to be too clever with the "Taste"/"Get" and other links.
> People actually scan for links that are similar from other projects, and
> having to interpret/understand them is confusing. I would definitely
> switch "Taste" to "Examples", and possibly "Get" to "Download" (as a
> bonus, you get a bigger click target ;).

A strong +1 on this sentiment.

[snip other valuable comments]

Yeah, I know this is really a "me too" post, but I think we should err
on the side of conventional for our website. We can't go from
out-of-date boring to cutting edge hip in one giant leap; it won't be
believable. Let's stick with what people know from other sites, and
emphasize our serious rock-solid powerful flexibility experience thing.
A few frills here and there are permitted, of course.

Regards,

Martijn