[Zope-dev] Five and browser-oriented components

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 03:50:24 EDT 2008

On Z2, certain imports need to come from Products.Five, to play nicely
with ZPublisher and friends.

I'd like to ask for the motivation for not patching it onto the existing
classes and/or modules. The effect of having Z2-developers import from
Products.Five is that they must opt out on packages that make use of
templates, browser views, formlib, ... --- and it adds needless complexity.

This split might also have prompted the Plone community to walk their
own way to the extend that there isn't much code reuse outside of the
core Zope packages (along with egg dependencies, but with our fake eggs,
we're almost up to par here).

\malthe