[Zope-dev] Re: straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Bernd Dorn bernd.dorn at lovelysystems.com
Fri Apr 11 12:02:07 EDT 2008

On 11.04.2008, at 10:09, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem an option, right now, to avoid using
> ZCML
> to setup database connections. So I'm not sure how you want to
> implement
> your ideas?

+1

k, i didn't read the whole thread, but we (lovely systems) use
zope.storm but i think its the same story somehow and we do all
instance specific configuration in zcml - also database uris.
we have a base.zcml config for all instances and include this it and
do all instance specific configuration in an instance specific zcml
file. this file is then used with the site-definition otpion in
zope.conf. i can see no reason why we should avoid zcml except in
environments where there is no zcml at all.

although it is a few lines of code to get db uris from somewhere else,
and this could also be application code

regards, bernd