[Zope-dev] Re: straighting out the SQLAlchemy integration mess

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 11 14:06:44 EDT 2008

Bernd Dorn wrote:
[whether configuration should be in ZCML]
> although it is a few lines of code to get db uris from somewhere else,
> and this could also be application code.

I'm not against ZCML, as long as those lines of code to get the db URI
from application code also exist. A good API to configure things without
ZCML is necessary (that the ZCML can then turn around and use - this is
a good way to create ZCML directives anyway).

A nice thing about collective.lead is that it doesn't introduce custom
ZCML directives, so in Grok, using it means there's no ZCML at all and
no need to write any grokkers for it either. If it did introduce custom
directives to do the same thing, that's fine, as long the original way
isn't damaged by it.

Regards,

Martijn