[Zope-dev] Re: Five and browser-oriented components

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 18:40:54 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> *IF* you'd like to be pragmatic, I'd suggest we clean up those failing
> Plone tests, merge the branch and be on our way. Yes, we *might* be
> plastering over a potential problem in the patch, but the other 9999
> tests didn't seem to be affected and intensive alpha and beta testing of
> that new Zope version would likely confirm or refute the existence of a
> serious problem. To be honest, my suspicion is that Plone is using some
> of the Five stuff in a way that it shouldn't be, hence causing a test
> failure with the cleaned up Five. Hanno removed some of the Five-raping
> procedures in Plone already, but there might be others lurking around
> and causing test failures.

I'd be happy to help clean such things up on Plone trunk. I've been
waiting for this branch for aaaages. :)

I do remember Hanno saying he got an infite loop/segafult somewhere,
which sounds more problematic. If we are pretty sure we won't get any of
those, then I'd be very supportive of a merge.

Martin