[Zope-dev] Let's fix the damned website

Maerteijn martijn at fourdigits.nl
Sat Apr 19 16:45:24 EDT 2008

I'm thinking about volunteering for the zope2 section, but I already can say
that I'm not an expert on all facets of zope2. However, helping out is the
main concern now so something is better than nothing.

I'm doubting about what to write / have examples for etc., as you can do a
lot of zope3 technology in zope2 already, however there are some zope2 only
things which should be mentioned as well (Plain Products, SimpleItem, tabs
for ZMI, TTW development etc.), or should we really focus on the zope3
technology only? Taking the examples on worldcookery examples' as a base and
pointing out the difference between the platforms is maybe a good idea. Does
someone have a good vision how to structure this or have some concrete
idea's?

BTW : I see some people refer to something called "the Zope libraries", but
for me it's unclear what is exactly meant by that (except "zope3
technology"). I think that a clear definition would help.

Regards,

Martijn (Jacobs)