[Zope-dev] Zope 3.4 final schedule?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Apr 23 04:34:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:29:22AM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
> Christian Theune a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 08:19:55AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I asked already six weeks ago about the schedule for the final 3.4 release
>>> and got no reply so far. So once again the same question...how is in charge
>>> for doing the 3.4 release?
>>
>> I'm afraid nobody really is in charge currently. I think Stephan and me might
>> be the closest to that (as me having started it and Stephan making the last
>> beta release).
>>
>> Stephan: Can you tell what's currently missing?
>>
>> We have a release candidate out there (on the zope.org page actually marked as
>> stable). Is that candidate good enough to be blessed as 3.4?
>
> Since last RC there was a few minor updates as pointed by Dan Korostelev:
>
> - zc.recipe.filestorage: contains fix for blobstorage configuration
> problem. The version in KGS just produces wrong config snippet if you
> specify blob-dir option and so it's unusable.
>
>  - zope.app.locales: newer versions contains fixes/updates for Russian
> (fixes some ugly mistakes), Japanese and Spanish translations for 3.4.
>
> - z3c.form 1.8.1
>
> and probably others with bugfixes. I think there is few risk to upgrade...
> ... and to release !

Well. If there are updates that we want to be in the release (from your list
zope.app.locales counts AFAICT) we need to do another release candidate. If
we'd be good to release 3.4.0 right away, then there can't be any changes from
the release candidate. (Getting minor bugfixes out for 3.4.1 or something is
another story.)

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany