[Zope-dev] paver: buildout is utterly doomed

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 23 06:45:16 EDT 2008

Hi there,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
[snip]
>  > I think it is better not to associate Buildout with zope.org domain.
>  > So, either we can create a new domain www.buildout.org
>  > or if you all agree a subdomain of python.org : buildout.python.org
>
>  I don't think we need to hide ourselfs. We're really good at making ourselves
>  look bad already. The new site is intended to be able to do this. We shouldn't
>  have to duplicate that effort.

Agreed, we shouldn't hide ourselves. I think *.python.org is a step
too far. What I do think is that it's good to let projects that *do*
stand on their own stand alone in their presentation as well. That's
not about hiding ourselves, it's about giving the right impression to
people.

I think we can do this with buildout.zope.org, but if people can find
a good top-level domain name then I'd certainly not want to stop them,
as long as the affiliation with the Zope project is clear. This is
mostly Jim's creation, after all, though I think the community-created
recipes are something we should definitely showcase. We have a *lot*
of features available through those recipes.

Regards,

Martijn