[Zope-dev] paver: buildout is utterly doomed

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 23 07:28:35 EDT 2008

Hi there,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
[snip]
>  I still have the feeling we should spend time getting our story straight. For
>  example: Why is "zc.buildout" a "Zope project"? The new site starts talking
>  about the "Zope libraries" which people started getting confused about. When
>  is something "Zope"?

That's a good question. It's probably a grey area.

I think a project that:

* associates itself with our community (or most developers are
community members, etc)

* maintains its software in svn.zope.org

* is used widely by members of the community, and by other projects in
our community

probably a "Zope community project". Buildout qualifies here. The
question is what the word 'community' means of course but this is good
enough for me. Of course there are other Zope community projects that
are *not* maintained in svn.zope.org. The question then would be
whether this still can be supported by the Zope Foundation.

Anyway, I'm not sure how produce it is to go into discussions like
this either. I'd rather not distract people from actually producing
useful websites. :)

Regards,

Martijn