[Zope-dev] Re: new zope.org, sphinx, and documentation management

Kent Tenney ktenney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:40:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Paul Carduner <paulcarduner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM, Paul Carduner <paulcarduner at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> >  >  I would start with the simple HTML approach, personally. It may be all we
>  >  > need.
>  >
>  >  Hopefully there will be a first sample of this in the next hour or so.
>  >

>  Ok, I setup a sample of what sphinx produces after a quite minimal
>  setup for z3c.form.  Check it out at:
>  http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/.  I made a few small modifications
>  to the existing documentation, which I checked into a branch on
>  svn.zope.org along with the sphinx setup generated for me by the
>  sphinx-quickstart command.  A few goody features include:
>
>  Full text searching powered by javascript:
>  http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/search.html
>  Module index with quick synopses:
>  http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/modindex.html (click on the plus
>  symbol after the big Z)
>  Cross links to other parts of the documentation:
>  http://docs.carduner.net/z3c.form/src/z3c/form/README.html
>
>  So far, I think this is pretty good for what took me maybe an hour.
>  Think of what it would be with some extra documentation cleanup.

Cool!.

The Zope-3.3.1 tree contains 70 README.txt,  309 *.txt

so, more than 70 files of correct, up to the minute examples of use.
That's a lotta doc.

If not adequate in themselves, invaluable as link
destinations when explaining with prose.

As they grow
..contents::
directives, and more section headings are added, glossary tags are added,
they will increase in value.