[Zope-dev] Re: zcml filtering

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Aug 6 10:52:10 EDT 2008

El 6 Aug 2008, a las 16:47 , Stephan Richter escribió:
> On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> I'm working on a package for this functionality in z3c.unconfigure
>> right
>> now. Name inspired by Martin's suggestion above; my original
>> prototype
>> used had a different name but this is much better :).
>
> Couldn't we just merge zc.configuration and z3c.unconfigure into
> zope.configuration? Everyone who wants to use our configuration system
> certainly wants this functionality as well.

I'm +1 on zc.configuration.

z3c.unconfigure, however, will contain zope.component specific code to
"unconfigure" subscribers (which currently have no useful
discriminator). So it's a hack to make it work with existing Zope code
out there. If zope.component.zcml were changed to emit useful actions
for <subscriber /> (and <interface />, too!), we could solely rely on
shooting down actions and the code could find its way into
zope.configuration. That will only help us with future Zope code, not
with existing code out there (which this is for).

Feel free to undertake this :)