[Zope-dev] Re: zcml filtering

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Aug 6 11:25:12 EDT 2008

El 6 Aug 2008, a las 17:17 , Roger Ineichen escribió:
>> I'm +1 on zc.configuration.
>>
>> z3c.unconfigure, however, will contain zope.component
>> specific code to "unconfigure" subscribers (which currently
>> have no useful discriminator). So it's a hack to make it work
>> with existing Zope code out there. If zope.component.zcml
>> were changed to emit useful actions for <subscriber /> (and
>> <interface />, too!), we could solely rely on shooting down
>> actions and the code could find its way into
>> zope.configuration. That will only help us with future Zope
>> code, not with existing code out there (which this is for).
>>
>> Feel free to undertake this :)
>
> That's a good argument but valid for any development or improvment
> on existing code/packages.

It's about being pragmatic. We need to this to work on existing code
(Zope 3.3 to be exact). We can't just upgrade zope.configuration.

> The bad thing is that we now have 3 packages for one thing
> doing right.

It's unfortunate, but things could be worse.

> I'm +1 too for a simple zope.configuration package which offers
> the API for doing configuration how it should.
>
> What do you think about to release z3c.unconfigure and merge it
> to zope.configuration after the release. So we have both options
> and a simple setup for the future.

Not forgetting to give <subscriber /> and <interface /> decent
discriminators.

But yes, that sounds like a great idea. Feel free to do it ;). I
probably won't have time to worry about this any time soon. I'm just
trying to fix an issue at hand.