[Zope-dev] KGS buildbot news (zope.server failure almost explained)

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Aug 8 20:48:00 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 01:50:33AM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 12:57:48AM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > >     - zope.server tests fail horribly with invalid file descriptor
> > >       errors.  I cannot reproduce this error in isolation (bin/test -m
> > >       zope.server), but I can reproduce it when I run all the tests
> > >       together.  Some previous test is mucking stuff up.
>
> 'bin/test -m ZEO -m zope.server' is enough to reproduce this error.

Minimal test case:

  bin/test -pvc1 -m zope.server -t testAPPE -m ZEO -t insane

The ZEO test that breaks zope.server.ftp is

  multiple_storages_invalidation_queue_is_not_insane (ZEO.tests.testZEO)

For completeness, the full sequence of steps is

  check out zope.release branch 3.4
  bootstrap and run buildout
  bin/generate-buildout
  cd test
  ../bin/buildout
  bin/test -pvc1 -m zope.server -t testAPPE -m ZEO -t insane

Marius Gedminas
--
Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the "microsoft
approach to programming" and should never be allowed.