[Zope-dev] Bug in z3c.form.browser.orderedselect

Dan Korostelev nadako at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 05:56:25 EDT 2008

Hi, people!

In the OrederedSelectWidget's input template there's a little bug in
options displaying. Options (for selectedItems and notSelectedItems)
are displayed using expression like this (simplified):

<option tal:content="entry/content" />

Which will result in calling entry['content'] if it is callable, which
is true (for example) for the standard zope's "Content Types"
vocabulary from zope.app.content, because by default the term.value is
used for the "content" and then, if the term provides
ITitleTokenizedTerm it is replaced with translated term.title. But in
the "Content Types" vocabulary, terms are not titled, so term.value is
used, which is some Interface subclass and which is callable.

So, as far as I understand, to fix little issue, we need to add the
"nocall" modifier in the template, so option expression will look like
this (simplifed):

<option tal:content="nocall:entry/content" />

Thanks!

PS Is there any bug tracking system for z3c.form package (like zope's
general one on launchpad)?

--
WBR, Dan Korostelev