[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.dublincore/trunk/ Move test-dependencies to 'extras'.

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:26:47 EDT 2008

Fred Drake wrote:
> This is a controversial change; can we avoid making changes like this
> until a policy is agreed upon?
>
> The controversy surrounding this has been discussed on zope-dev
> several times; I don't want to rehash it *right now*, since we all
> have things we need to get done.

I didn't know there was a controversy, but I do remember that there was
consensus that ``extras_require`` is not the most elegant solution.

If you can advise a different way to avoid pulling in
``zope.app.testing`` I'm happy to revert the change; otherwise I think
we should live and let live with it since it at the very least does the job.

Or just revert the change and let Zope have its many dependencies.

\malthe