[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.testbrowser/trunk/ - Switched to Zope 3.4 KGS.

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:18:57 EST 2008

On Dec 8, 2008, at 9:02 AM, Benji York wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Christian Zagrodnick
> <cz at gocept.com> wrote:
>> Log message for revision 93722:
>> - Switched to Zope 3.4 KGS.
>>
>> - New lines are no longer stripped in XML and HTML code contained
>> in a
>>   textarea; requires ClientForm >= 0.2.10 (LP #268139).
>
> This revision make the buildout fail with
>
>  Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'ClientForm>=0.2.10'.
>
> I suspect you had that version of ClientForm in your cache and didn't
> realize that it is not available in the KGS index.
>
> Even if we fixed that, I don't want to require a particular version of
> ClientForm in testbrowser.  There's no need to impose a newer
> version on
> people who don't need it.  Anyone who does need the bug fix can
> specify
> the newer version in their project.

FWIW, I disagree.  The specification that you removed is exactly the
sort of thing that I think is appropriate in setup.py.  The tests will
now fail (I assume, since I believe Christian Z added testbrowser
tests for the failure caused by the ClientForm bug) with a lower
version of ClientForm, so it is appropriate to set the value in
setup.py.

Gary