[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zc.sourcefactory/trunk/buildout.cfg color by default

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:05:50 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
> This setting apparently causes problems for people who use Emacs, so
> for zope. and zc. packages at least, we don't use --auto-color.

I've been using this under Emacs for a while, and haven't experienced
any tool-related problems with colorization.

I *have* generally objected to adding settings like this in
buildout.cfg: some of us (including myself!) think it makes the output
harder to read.

The only "right" way to deal with this seems to be to either:

- require users wanting color to ask for it from the command line, or

- add configuration support, so this can be set per-user, rather than
polluting buildout.cfg for everyone.

  -Fred