[Zope-dev] Five's implementation of Zope 3 security

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Dec 9 08:41:05 EST 2008

All,

Yuppie asked a good question on zope-cmf today: Why doesn't Five support
the <adapter /> directive's 'permission' attribute? Or does it?

The underlying discussion is that CMF trunk has a traversal namespace
adapter for add forms, that looks up the actual view to render as a
named adapter on (context, request, fti), because the add view needs to
know the FTI to construct the object. This means that we can't use
<browser:page />, which means that security has to be applied manually
with a ClassSecurityInfo/InitializeClass or (I presume) with a separate

Is there a point in supporting the 'permission' (and, presumably,
'trusted') attributes of the <adapter /> directive in Zope 2?

Martin