[Zope-dev] zope.browser?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Dec 11 12:18:10 EST 2008

Hi there,

Robert Niederreiter wrote:
[snip]
> We have written browser helper tools in a package named
> cornerstone.browser. especially IRequestMixin here
>
> http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/cornerstone.browser/trunk/cornerstone/browser/interfaces.py
>
> might be a candidate for this or such a component.

While this is certainly an interesting package, I think the idea behind
zope.browser is to keep dependencies to an absolute minimum. I'm not
sure I see the point of just putting the *interface* "IRequestMixin" in
zope.browser, and the implementation would almost certainly pull in more
dependencies, right? (by the way, an interface called 'Mixin'? Isn't the
mixin nature a property of a class, not an interface?)

I think we should be careful not to introduce more functionality into
zope.browser right now that isn't moved from some other zope.* package.
The goal after all, as I understand it, is to reduce installation
dependencies.

Regards,

Martijn